So, little micro updates:
- I finished my remix album and am titling it Unremembered. It can be downloaded *for free* here! http://unwoman.bandcamp.com/album/unrem
- Doc's iPhone/iPad album is out too! We sent our stuff to press together, so we'll probably do some kind of twofer package with our albums. I sang on a few tracks (the above, I wrote the words too) and even played fake iPad cello on one!
- SteamCon happened last weekend in Seattle and it was fabulous. I played solo at the cabaret, had an outlaw banjo duel with Nathaniel Johnstone, played on one Abney Park show at the big concert, and played on a bunch of Blackbird Orchestra songs. Then a few of us musicians went and talked on a panel about steampunk music hosted by Jordan of Sepiachord (who also wrangled all the music for the weekend.) I met a bunch of fabulous people, discovered some artists (Ashia Grzesik, fellow singing cellist based in Portland, was of particular interest, also a really cool lady) and sold some merch, and I think I'm going to use most of that money for some tattoos in a few weeks.
- Romplr, the free remix iPhone app from my former dayjob, on which I have two exclusive songs, has gotten an update and looks even shinier. I will try to post a video demo of that very soon, but I am not sure how long my tracks will be available on there, so you should get it now if you can. Download the app here and find my kits under "freestyle mode." The app is on the Ovi store too.
- Upcoming events: Sunday 11/28 Eliza Rickman opening for Zoe Boekbinder at Amnesia; 11/30 live ustream concert; Sunday 12/05 Heavy Sugar Duo at Gilman St; New Years Eve solo opening set for big huge Abney Park Circus at the End of the World event in Seattle.